Thursday 1 June 2017

Chaos Warrior riding (Wingless) Toad Dragon


 This has been one of those pieces that has been cluttering up the desk for a few months now and I'd decided that nothing else will get my attention until it's sorted.
 The Citadel toad dragon has sat in my Chaos box for about 20 years since grabbing him in the GW trolley dash and had always foreseen it to carry some kind of rider.


 I think my main problem was finding a suitable rider as the dragon itself has been the best part of painted for a few weeks. I'd shortlisted a number of the Jes Goodwin Khorne champions to play the role and had even got half way through painting one I'd converted up but I ended up abandoning it.


 I decided to search elsewhere for the right candidate and as so often before, the AD&D range came to the rescue!




 It's probably because the bulk of the AD&D figs never made it to the later catalogues that I've often overlooked them as ideas for projects. So with a little careful bending and twisting this AD&D stage 2 Evil Fighter was just the job.





 There's no specific purpose to this fella really but he is versatile enough to fit into a future chaos warband or part of the ever growing horde of chaos. Plus he makes the desk just ever so slightly clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment